These are my 2012 goals:
- pay down credit card debt
- start to use cash more regularly
- find a new job
- save a little more money
- make new friends
- date. become more secure in my body & how it works
- lower cholesterol & triglyceride levels
- cook more often
- take a vacation
- some fun activities including: book signing, berry picking, opera, etc.
- freshen style
- move/plan to move
Let's see what I did: Yes, I paid down my credit card debt and used cash much more often. I found and started a new job, a saved a smidgen of money, I partook in some fun activities (fire walking, camping, rope course), and I freshened my style sort of - I cleaned out my closet and donated about 10 bags of clothes and I spent a bunch of money on new clothes....still not super happy.
I did not volunteer, make new friends, take a vacation or move. I also never went for my free physical so I am not sure about my cholesterol levels. The dating thing is tricky, not sure how to answer that, although I did go on about 5 dates with new people this year.
I am ok with these results (considering I forgot to look at this post throughout the year); about 50% because the big stressful ones were taken care of, it was a decent year.
But 2013 has to be better.
My 2013 goals:
- Whenever I say "I never..." write it down, and by the end of the year try about 60% of what I never did before.
- Be more spontaneous
- Be in the moment more...enjoy the time when there, and stop trying to look past that time. Enjoy the person I am with, as I might never see them again. And if I don't want to be somewhere, well, suck it up and ENJOY it anyway.
- Spend less money on clothes than I did this year
- Try 10 new foods
- Spend less time on Facebook
- Get my photo taken in 5 interesting places
I also have a holiday party next week where we'll do a resolution roulette. Everyone will write down 1-2 fun resolutions and we'll put them in a hat and pick one. Next year we'll see who actually did it.