Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 wishes & dreams

Last year I posted about my 2011 wishes & dreams, I achieved about half of what I set out to do: 
  • lowered my blood pressure
  • do things out of my comfort zone
  • do things alone
  • eat healthier
  • cook a little more
  • no group gifts
  • no planning things for my family
  • inner transformation
What I did not achieve:
  • pick my own berries
  • see an opera
  • go to a book signing I could go to numerous ones...but I want it to matter. I want it to be a topic or author I actually like, not just to go to cross it off my list.
  • 1 date per month  I did go on more dates in 2011 than I did in 2010 & 2009 combined.  I missed three months May, August and October I didn't go out with anyone new...but that means that I had at least 9 first dates in 2011, which is really quite good.  (some of those resulted in second, third or more dates).
  • send out X resumes per month There were some months I sent out 20, other months I sent out none.
  • take a trip somewhere  I went away for work trips, and took a few extra days here & there, but I didn't go on a vacation somewhere like I had originally thought. I was thinking Costa Rica, Iceland or Peru.
  • volunteer
  • find a new job
So with 8 out of 16 goals accomplished in 2011 (50%) - but if you look the ones I achieved rank higher than some that I didn't.  I hope to have a higher percentage completed for this year especially since I've taken some action in 2011 to make 2 of them happen in 2012. 

These are my 2012 goals:
  • pay down credit card debt
  • start to use cash more regularly
  • volunteer
  • find a new job
  • save a little more money
  • make new friends
  • date. become more secure in my body & how it works
  • lower cholesterol & triglyceride levels
  • cook more often
  • take a vacation
  • some fun activities including:  book signing, berry picking, opera, etc.
  • freshen style
  • move/plan to move
On a side note, my New Year's Eve was more fun this year than in the last 8 years.  I hate that holiday; normally I'd see a movie during the day, order in Chinese food and go to bed at 11pm.  I like to think that since I started 2012 in a very happy & exciting way, that I will be able to continue that trend through out the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment