Saturday, January 7, 2012

Freshen Up

One of my goals is to freshen my look.  I have a hard time doing that for myself, so I enlisted my friend to help me.  In two hours we removed a HUGE pile of clothes from my closet. I would estimate the total worth to be over $5,000. 

We went through each piece and decided if it was warn out, had a stain/holes, was no longer 'in', too old lady, too young, not right for my body, too big, too small, etc.  By the end of the two hours there were more clothes on the floor than in my closet.

clothes packed up for donation

Before:
Barely any room for more hangers.  A lot of clothes in there that I don't wear.
After:
More space between the clothes, plenty of room for wardrobe growth.
We aren't done. I still have a bin or two of summer clothes and shoes to go through. I also have to do some shopping.  Once I find new pieces for my new wardrobe, I will remove a few other items from my closet that I know need to be gotten rid of but I still need some variety of clothes to hold me over.

I also tried on some old jeans that I still had.  I bought them about 8 years ago but then they got small after my breakup, but I kept them because they look good on me.  And wouldn't you know it, they mostly fit! One of them is a little snug still...but with a loose top others can't tell.  I am so happy that I am back down to my SI weight.  With more work I am sure I can get to pre-SI weight (when I was 22) if I wanted to, but exercise was not one of my resolutions (too cliche) and I am not sure I want to be that size.

No comments:

Post a Comment