Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm my family's slut

I have become the family slut.  Normally I would gasp at such an accusation - me a slut? Hardly.

But the truth is all facts.  I got a late start at sex compared to friends and family, I was 19.  I was proud that when SI and I were together I was only at #4, very respectable, and I thought #4 would be it for me.  But not dating anyone in 5 years all while on my quest to find my fh made that nice & low number increase a bit.  Oh and I am the only still single person in my family and most of my friends...so naturally my number would be higher, right?

I am not convinced my number is final there may still be one or two more. And even that final number I would be OK with...because it is still low compared to all 'normal' standards for a single female in her 30's.

So what do I do? I Google the 'average number of sexual partners for women in their 30s' and I find this entertainment calculator...I mean how can it really know?  So I answer the three questions and I get this:
Wow, I am above average in not just math...but in sexual partners?  Can that be true?....so I continue to look through the Google results and read what other people claim in articles and in blogs....women average 4 sexual partners and men 7.   Read an article here - this article and the others I found make sense if you think you are in love and will stay with your man from your 20s.  But when life doesn't work out and you find yourself single again...there is only so much non-sex you can have on dates...at some point you need to go a little further.  Couple that with the fact that women hit their prime in their 30s...we are horny and we like sex and there is only so much masturbation one can handle without craving sex with someone else.  In the past I would not let many guys get that far because I didn't want a high number, and I wanted to be sure that I actually liked the person, so 3 out of my first 4 were relationships.   Then when I became single and older, I needed to have sex with a few people to get past my fears of being with someone new, to figure out how to have meaningless sex.  While I am still a little picky about the guys I select, I don't make the guys wait a month before getting naked. 

Unfortunately half of my sexual partners resulted in sex less than 5 occurrences each.  My goal going forward it to ensure that my future sexual partners are more long lasting. 

So what is my number at age 32? I am at 9 right now...with a few more to go.   I think I have more total now than all of my sisters combinded...so I am MY family's slut.

4 comments:

  1. Lol 9 partners at 30? I think most of my friends are well over 10 and in their early 20s! But I think live set a good goal for yourself. Meaningful sex will probably be more enjoyable anyway. Or not, what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh. Hysterical. Just started seeing someone about 3 months ago & when I told him he was #5 (I'm 38) he couldn't believe it. I guess I'm just below average.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise- You crack me up! I love reading your posts! And I learned something new! You can find ANYTHING on Google! LOL
    Don't worry about that number! You will be fine! Love your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah seriously. you are NOT A SLUT.

    Crazy.

    I'm going to be 35 and granted I've been at the same number for 3 years now, I'm still at 31. yes, THIRTY ONE. And I wouldn't consider myself going around giving it away to everyone all willy nilly.

    ReplyDelete