Thursday, December 8, 2011

A look in my closet

Look at the picture below...what do you see (aside from the slight blurriness)?
Not only are my clothes organized by color (I used to arrange each color by sleeveless, short sleeve than long sleeve....but who can keep up with that?) but all my hangers are the same color.  I have to say that I think any closet looks a lot better that way.

When I went off to college in 1997, I needed hangers.  I decided on a color and bought a bunch.  But then they discontinued my hanger and so I really have a mix of two very similar colors and design.  I think my closet seems 'cleaner' and I am not so distracted by all the other hanger colors.  My pants hangers are a mix of three different kinds, but I do not use the cheap ones from the store (unless I have to until I buy more hangers).

My closet is very large - and I have more clothes in drawers and in bins...I need a serious clean out of stuff I don't wear and some replacements of cuter & stylish-but simple clothes.  This could be due to all the COLOR I have now, I used to be a brown/black/grey shirt person, but little by little in the last 5 years as I've tried to be a little more attractive, I've added color.  It is sad I still have so many clothes because I do get rid of a few bags twice a year, but it is never enough. 

How do you arrange your closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment