Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I found him

I am so proud of myself....I found him.   No No, not my soul mate or my future husband or not even my next fling.  I found a kid that I sort of dated in high school, and that I lost my virginity with in college (yeah, I was a late bloomer).  That boy.

Last time we spoke/saw each other was very soon after SI and I started dating.  I was at my old house (my parents still lived there at the time) and he just happened to stop by because he wanted to catch up.  We hung out that day, I saw his parents and when I left I had hoped to hear from him again but I did not.  My phone number chaged a lot during the next 4 years as did my address and my parents moved making it hard to find me.  I remember that day so well.  I found out that he was a coach at the college I attended, so us being there for about a year without knowing it freaked me out a little, but even more so I was disappointed in finding it out after the fact.  He also looked sick in a way I can not describe.  But, I was happy with SI and I forgot about this kid....well, not forgot I'd always remember him, but I didn't think about him.   After the breakup with SI, maybe a year later, I decided I wanted to find this (other) high school friend, K.  My ex-friend is a great internet researcher (stalker) and was able to find out where he worked and his address.  I called his job, but it turns out I missed him by about a week.  I sent him a postcard...never heard back - but yet I didn't think he was still at that adress.   I let it be for a few months.  Then I was searching facebook and I came across his sister and brother.  I sent the sister a message first.  I don't think she ever passed it along, even though she did respond to me.   Months later I tried the brother.  I knew he remembered me since we hooked up before I met K.  He didn't even bother to respond!  I let it be for another 3 years.  

Then last night I was looking on facebook to find pictures of some of my 'boys' I've been out with so I can show my matchmakers what I tend to go for since they sent me a hideous one.  I don't know what they were thinking.  I hired them because I wanted help...not because I am so desperate that I would settle for horrible.  So I was on there and I grabbed a few pictures that I was missing.   I then goggled K and the same stuff that always pops up came up, but this time so did a facebook page! OMG was I thrilled.  I couldn't see anything, but I did send him a really short message (I don't want to sound like a stalker, you all know the truth).  I kept facebook open for a while...and nothing.

I really hope he messages me back.  I don't know why, I don't know what I want out of it.  He was always such a nice person and we got along great.  I know he ran into some trouble 3-4 years ago and since then I've wanted to make sure he was able to turn his life around.  I guess I am too compassionate and my need to help/fix other people is odd since I am selective about who I care for and who I don't.  But for whatever reason, K has always been a source in intrigue for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment