Sunday, April 3, 2011

Because I Said So

Do you have a movie that resembles your life?  I found mine in October.  We (my sisters and I) had a movie with mom night for her birthday.  I rented the movie Because I Said So from the library not knowing what to expect although it looked like a good girly movie.

The movie has Diane Keaton playing the mother and Mandy Moore who plays the daughter, Millie.  The mother meddles in the daughters life, trying to get her to find a mate and be happy so that she doesn't end up alone.  The mother put an ad out and meets these potential men to screen them before deciding which one her daughter will date.  Millie starts dating the one her mom picked (with out knowing it) and she meets this other guy that the mom does not like.  She dates both of them for a while...and I won't give away the rest, although it is predictable.

OK, so my mother has not set me up with anyone...but the way that she gets involved can be a little paralleling.  The mother has nothing but the best intentions, but sometimes can be a little too much to handle, although they have a special relationship.   Millie's sisters and the mom all are very open about all aspects of their lives.  I love having sisters, and we do talk about EVERYTHING well, three of the four of us do.

Millie & I are also similar because we are the only single ones in the family and the rest of them want constant knowledge of our dating lives.  Which is why I love this movie.  It makes me feel better about my life...and that there are some parents that are more overbearing than mine. 

That being said, after last year, when I went on a few dates with this guy that was a little refined & had some money...but had a teeny tiny pecker and wasn't that attractive.  Anyway, the WHOLE family was involved.  After that I realized if I was going to date someone, I would have to do it on the sly.  I hate keeping things from them, and sometimes not being truthful about my whereabouts (I don't lie - I omit) is really hard.  I get all quiet. I don't say anything...and sometimes a smile says way more than I mean it to.  When is a good time to mention a new person you are dating?  At least I don't have to worry about that right now.

If you decide to watch the movie, enjoy & think...hmm, maybe that is why Denise has issues!  haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment