Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Chase

When I was in high school, I loved the chase of getting a guy to like me.  I was a great flirt; I'd reel them in and they'd 'ask me out'.  I'd 'date' them for all of two weeks, then realize I didn't really enjoy it so we'd break up.  Then I was on to my next quest and the cycle continued. 

It wasn't until I was in the twelfth grade, when I met K that I actually hung out with a guy longer than the two weeks and was actually happy to see the same person over and over again.  Since then, I had two real relationships and that is about it.  I dated a few guys a few times, but it never got far because I knew that nothing would come of it.  I am getting more comfortable being single & alone and I would rather be single then date someone that I know I have no future with.  I'd rather be in a relationship than date casually.

I don't know if we ever really grow out of enjoying the chase.  It is fun and I think it is helpful at the beginning to build suspense, intensity and feelings of developing a crush, but all in all - for me...I'd rather be settled and have feelings reciprocated in a more mature manner.  It is sad to admit I am not a good flirt anymore, only picking up one guy in a bar in 5 years and honestly the chase is exhausting especially when you realize it is more an aberration than reality. 

Also, the matchmakers contacted me about another potential match.  Again, not in my criteria...but I need to meet my own personal goals of one date a month...so I guess why not?  Unfortunately his profession? A RETIRED police officer...yeah.  That is what I thought too.  Date a guy who is retired?  and a cop? Haven't I dated enough of those guys?  UGH UGH UGH.  Is it really so hard for them to find a decent guy in his 30s? 

My future husband - where are you?  I am supposed to be married by now. I am supposed to be madly in love and cater to your every need.  Have lots and lot of sex, keep a tidy house, make you lunch/dinner/dessert.  I want you to meet me soon. I want the best part of my life to start.  I am ready.

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to get at that point, and I'm not quite 24, so I can only imagine how you feel (expect I don't want to cater to my man's every need hahaha). I truly believe there is someone out there for all of us and hope and pray that the one for you makes his presence known sooner, rather than later.

    Have you ever watched Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo? Wait, you don't have cable do you? Well, anyway, check out the millionaire's club matchmaking service. Might be more reliable.

    here's the criteria to join: http://millionairematchmaker.tv/join-women

    ReplyDelete