Monday, April 25, 2011

Condom rant

I was walking to the train, as I do every morning and again see a used condom in the parking lot.  It really got me wondering, since I have seen about 5 of them in the last few weeks - if people are being so reckless as to have sex between cars - that they would stop to put on a condom.  It seems like deciding to do it in a parking lot is either:
  • a thrill that you might get caught
  • the desire/urge that you can't control a moment longer (horny)
  • forcing yourself upon someone else  (rape)
  • knowing that you are engaging in an activity that is a secret (cheating)
I am surprised that one would put a condom on in those scenarios.   It is like, look I don't want to get an STD or you pregnant, but I am not willing to take you home. 

On top of that, they leave their used condom there - as a mark of their accomplishment - so more than likely it wasn't a rape.  If you are prepared with a condom, shouldn't you also have a tissue or bag to dispose of it?

I also wonder, did they drive there or did they just so happen to walk and decide this is a great private place? 

I am all for the outdoor adventure and a thrill here and there - and maybe I'll set out to have a quickie in the train parking lot - but is it so hard to take your condom with you when you are done?

No comments:

Post a Comment