Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Get more organized people!

Is it really so hard people, to keep your important documents in a file or folder or filing cabinet?   So when you need important information you know where to look?  To me, it seems like common sense.

But no...way to many people think it is easier to call me (or some other poor soul somewhere) and have me resend it to them via fax or mail.  They think I just sit on my ass all day doing nothing...waiting for something so retarded to do.

I am constantly telling people they have a copy of their certificate and letter and when it was mailed out to them. I am reminding them of the importance to keep this information in a 'safe' spot so they can refer to it when they need to. 

I've gotten smarter.  Now I tell them I will do it within two or three days.  None of this fax it over right now stuff.  Stopping what I am doing takes time. And it is re-work:  work that has already been done.  I am tired of it. 

Believe it or not, I do understand that it is part of my job.  But I do not believe their emergency makes it an 'emergency' on my part, since I already provided this information in the past.  If they were that desperate to have the information...they will find it with out me.

Some people get upset that I won't do it on the same day.  But have any of you called a state/federal or any large organization?  Things don't get done in a day.  I work fast, I get my job done...but re-work is a huge inconvenience for me.

So - if you are not organized...get organized. It isn't that hard to put things in a file or folder.  It takes less time to open a drawer and pull out the file and write down what you are looking for than to have to wait for me to do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment