Monday, December 31, 2012

2013 Wishes & Dreams

Last year I posted about my wishes and dreams for 2012.


These are my 2012 goals:
  • pay down credit card debt
  • start to use cash more regularly
  • volunteer
  • find a new job
  • save a little more money
  • make new friends
  • date. become more secure in my body & how it works
  • lower cholesterol & triglyceride levels
  • cook more often
  • take a vacation
  • some fun activities including:  book signing, berry picking, opera, etc.
  • freshen style
  • move/plan to move

Let's see what I did:  Yes, I paid down my credit card debt and used cash much more often.  I found and started a new job, a saved a smidgen of money, I partook in some fun activities (fire walking, camping, rope course), and I freshened my style sort of - I cleaned out my closet and donated about 10 bags of clothes and I spent a bunch of money on new clothes....still not super happy.

I did not volunteer, make new friends, take a vacation or move. I also never went for my free physical so I am not sure about my cholesterol levels.   The dating thing is tricky, not sure how to answer that, although I did go on about 5 dates with new people this year.  

I am ok with these results (considering I forgot to look at this post throughout the year); about 50% because the big stressful ones were taken care of, it was a decent year.

But 2013 has to be better.

My 2013 goals:
  • Whenever I say "I never..." write it down, and by the end of the year try about 60% of what I never did before.
  • Be more spontaneous
  • Be in the moment more...enjoy the time when there, and stop trying to look past that time.  Enjoy the person I am with, as I might never see them again. And if I don't want to be somewhere, well, suck it up and ENJOY it anyway. 
  • Move 
  • Spend less money on clothes than I did this year
  • Try 10 new foods
  • Spend less time on Facebook
  • Get my photo taken in 5 interesting places
I also have a holiday party next week where we'll do a resolution roulette.  Everyone will write down 1-2 fun resolutions and we'll put them in a hat and pick one.  Next year we'll see who actually did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment