Saturday, December 8, 2012

balloon animals

When I went out shopping a few weeks ago I saw this balloon making kit, and immediately thought of my littlest nephew.  I am not sure why, maybe because we had so much fun with the paper airplane kit I bought him last Christmas.  Anyway, this year, I am not buying all the nieces and nephews Christmas presents - but I picked this up for him anyway.

Turns out this past week, the poor kiddo had a high fever for several days, and came down to visit.  Just like any parent, aunts want to do whatever is in our power to help them feel better, so I brought out the balloon animal kit.

He was so excited.  It took us a while to figure out the mechanics of the balloon.  Our second balloon we attempted to make a giraffe.  Even with the proportions a little out of whack, I think we were successful   The Third balloon we popped while twisting it.  The fourth one we turned into a dog.

not bad for my first time:


After that it was bedtime, but I really looked forward to making more the next day.  When I got back home, he runs over and tells me he broke the pump.  I crazy glued it back together, but it didn't work properly.  We were both upset.  So I went to amazon and bought two air pumps (I won't let mine break!), 250 balloons and a balloon book.  We can't wait for it to arrive so we can make more animals and swords.

I might turn this into a little hobby, making balloon animals at family parties or in a park for strangers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment