Saturday, October 27, 2012

Philamazing Race


My friend and I wanted to go to Philadelphia; I haven’t been there since I went for lunch many years ago.  I was looking for things to do, and on Groupon I found a scavenger hunt through the city.  I thought this sounded awesome so I got the deal.  We were a team of three, my friend, her husband and me.  We didn’t dress in costumes, but we coordinated our outfits so we matched. 
Let me say that the scavenger hunt was very challenging to out-of-towners.  My friends go into Philadelphia occasionally so they knew a little about directions or general landmarks, but I had no clue.  We didn’t have a strategy and we walked around aimlessly for a while working on the ‘fun’ photo clues. 
The two challenges we did complete were fun.  We met some really nice people (and a few that weren’t) who were willing to help us out and I was able to see parts of the city that aren’t part of the historic area.

When the results were given, the first place team had 540 points; I think they completed every challenge.  The second and third place teams had 430/440 points.  We had 180 points.
We were exhausted from all the walking (we didn’t take the trolley or bus – probably because we didn’t know the route.  It was still early so we decided to take a horse carriage ride.  The 30 minute tour brought us past all the historic sites – Independence Hall, Liberty Bell, some president’s houses, Second National Bank, etc.  I think this was my first carriage ride – but alas, I get to check it off my bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment