Thursday, June 13, 2013

make a great team

It is almost the end of my fiscal year at work.  It is a time of year that gets me thinking since we use the Balanced Scorecard.  I will have to create goals and meet them to ensure my employment...a little stressful especially because I think I have a very strong work ethic that sometimes it seems silly to create a task to ensure I am doing my work.

And worrying about keeping my employment with this system is something I've thought a lot about, since I've never had to worry about this before.  And it is the basis of a salary increase - something I need because I haven't had one in 2 years due to the start of a new job and the fall of the fiscal year.  I've wondered what will happen if I don't meet one of my goals? Could I really be fired? Stay at my current salary?  How do some of my fellow co-workers keep their jobs because listening to them talk or ask questions, I wonder how much they retain asking such elementary questions and they've been there more then 5 or 10 years.

I was quite reassured yesterday when my supervisor and I were emailing back and forth and he said "we make a great team".  Of course I agree and told him so.  When I interviewed with him last year, I knew we'd get along...we have similar personalities (very matter of fact and analytically) but differ enough that I am (shockingly) a little more outgoing.  On top of that, there have been several times throughout the year where he said I was too modest.  It makes me question the people he's worked with in the past. But I don't like to toot my own horn; and I feel like I shouldn't have to - people will see/appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment