Tuesday, June 11, 2013

inconsistent gifts

Sometimes I am so inconsistent.

Recently, I was going in on a gift for a baby shower with my sisters and I was like...no more than $35.  Other baby showers last year I was spending about $75.   Am I just so tired of engagement party, bachlorette party, bridal shower, baby announcement, baby shower, bring home the baby gift....all in 2 years sometimes - sometimes quicker, sometimes longer, either way that is a lot of time and money for a single person.  And it is not just one person...multiply that by a few.

This weekend I also attended a 50th birthday party and I had no problem dropping $150 on a gift for someone I don't know that well.  Is it because a 50th birthday is important and I wanted this person to really get a start on their bucket list and enjoying themselves for a while since they've had a hard few years?

Then I feel guilty that I am being uneven, but I can't let things like that bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment