Monday, August 18, 2014

the goodbyes

The goodbyes are really hard, but then again, I knew they would be.  There were people that I knew I wasn't going to see before I left, and I felt that my card was sufficient enough to at least inform them of my departure.  But it is the other people, my two good friends, my aunts/uncles/cousins, my neighbor family and of course my family.

I've been crying more than I had hoped.  If you saw me, you would wonder if I was being exiled against my will.  I know that this is what I am supposed to do, and I know I will be happy so why do I tear up and cry when I hug my friends?  I guess it is because I was fortunate enough to find a handful of people that I really like here and I am moving to where I don't know anyone...and to give that up is hard.  It is always hard to say goodbye to people you care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment