Wednesday, August 6, 2014

the closing

On Friday when I was in the car on the way to the airport, I emailed my attorney for an update...hopefully by then we would have heard if they were going through with the purchase or if I would have to relist the apartment.  He said they have the money and hope to close Monday morning.

All day Monday I kept checking my email for notification if they closed...or perhaps didn't show up again.  Finally, I received the email I was waiting for...they closed that day.  It is done. I am glad I signed over power of attorney so they were able to do this in my absence and that I didn't have to be there and see the buyers that caused me so much stress and delayed giving my notice and moving. I am so happy that it is over and done with...but yet, I really can't share my good news with anyone here.  Mountain Man left early Monday morning otherwise I knew he would have celebrated with me.  Of course I messaged my family right away!

On a break, I went up to my room to call and re-turn off the electricity.  The last order of business for the apartment.  So...it is done.  I can now move on with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment