Friday, August 22, 2014

the 'best day ever'

Aside from saying goodbye to friends, I have my family, which is even harder.  I've been trying to spend a lot of time with them in the last few weeks, absorb it all before it ends.

I took one of my nephews to Playland where we spent eight hours going on ride after ride.  The place was empty, so we had no problems going on the same ride over and over and over again, in the front seats.  We went on almost all the rides, with the plunge, dragon coaster and the log flume being his favorites.

I am not a huge amusement park goer, but it is Playland - there is nothing too crazy there...and for him, I would have gone on anything, even the 'scary' ones for me because seeing his joy and excitement means the world to me.

The bad aunt I am, I allowed him to have ice cream, cotton candy and an Icee.  After seven hours I started telling him we should wrap it up.  He wasn't so pleased...he could have continued to ride the same few things over and over again but I was getting wiped out.

On the way to the car, he asked if we can still see a movie.  That was the original plan, but I wasn't counting on staying at Playland for so long.  But, I figured my sister could use a little more time to do what she needed to do, and I needed the time spent with him.  So we head over to the theater to see Malificent and have a little popcorn.  I am not an Angelina Jolie fan, but I loved the movie, great story.

When I dropped off my nephew at the end of the night, he said it was his "best day ever", which I still took as a compliment because he is eight and he has had some great memories.

But the best thing about him being eight, is that he will remember this day as will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment