Tuesday, August 12, 2014

cat's out of the bag

The week continued to get emotionally harder.  I was overwhelmed at home with all my stuff and no time to pack/clean and I had people slowly hearing about my departure, which kept leading to tears.  By the end of the work week, the executive director sent out an email to my volunteers and leadership team notifying them of my move and in response I was received emails and calls filled with compliments, best wishes and that I will be missed.  It was so wonderful to receive such sweet feedback and even a few people offered to try to make a connection in the state I will be relocating to.

The next two weeks will continue to be difficult at work as I notify more people.  While I know this move is the best thing for me, it is really hard to say goodbye to such great people and something I am so familiar with.


No comments:

Post a Comment