Friday, August 15, 2014

sinking in

Little by little people at work are finding out about my resignation.  I've had a lot of people ask me questions about where I am moving, why I am moving and wishing me luck.  It's been nice but hard at the same time.  While I've been thinking about moving for a while...I really sunk in that it isn't a dream anymore, it is happening, and it is happening soon.  Very soon. Almost too soon that I am getting overwhelmed.

What I find interesting is that so many people are telling me how brave I am for moving when I have no job, no man, no friends, no place to stay.  Sure, when I write it, it does sound a little crazy...would I ever tell a friend that is a good idea?  I don't know.  As scary as it is, I know deep down that this is what I need to do.  I am not worried about failing because so what? I move back here?  That isn't the end of the world.  Sure, I've sold an apartment...but I wouldn't want to live there again.  I gave up a job...but hopefully I'd find another.  Most difficult is giving my family...but they are only a plane ride away and I will visit and with technology...who knows, maybe I'll talk to them more!

I do think it takes courage to do something like this, and I give credit to the many people who have.  It was a difficult decision, but it will be worth it in the end.

I have about three weeks left.  And I'll be working for all of it.  That isn't a lot of time left to pack, visit with friends for the last time, buy a car, get all the mail straightened out, organize my belongings, help my other sisters who are moving, plan the trip out and most importantly spending as much time with family as possible.

I am thinking about not leaving so quickly...but that means I won't have road trip friends in the car with me...but that also means that my road trip out can be as long as I want.  Tough decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment