Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Luck Denise

In 2007, Good Luck Chuck hit the theaters.  While I am not a Dane Cook or Jessica Alba fan - the premise of the movie is worth noting today.  In order to keep the woman of his dreams from falling for another guy, Charlie Logan has to break the curse that has made him wildly popular with single women: Sleep with Charlie once, and the next man you meet will be your true love.

I don't sleep around as much as Chuck does, not even close!  However, I think I am that girl that makes guys realize that they want more; just not with me.  It all started with Cop #1; while our relationship was physically intense it didn't have a long term future - but I didn't realize it at the time.  I was young, I thought I might be falling in love or at least lust.  I didn't realize what was in store for me...but when he strung me around for another year, he ended up dating the girl that would become his wife. 

There was Cop#2 after, but I have no idea what happened to him.

Then SI...I'll be honest, I have no idea what the true story is...but we dated, he has an affair - and is at least engaged to the other woman...he probably married her, or maybe not. Either way...he would rather of married her than me  :(

After SI, I tried to have sex with 'skeevy'.  I only did this to help move on...people say to get over someone, you need to get under someone else.  It was utterly disgusting.  yuck.  We remained friends for a while, and he met this girl and they have been dating for about 18 months now. 

Then there was Doofy.  A month after Mexico, he began dating some girl, and they were together for at least 10 months...they might still be togehter for all I know...but I am not sure. If they are, it would be 14 months.

Bank Boy...he seems to be the only one not fitting into this trend yet...but then again he is still obsessed.

Then there is HSK.  We were having fun but then  he stops talking to me...claiming he was more interested in pursing casual sex - and thought I wanted more so he just ended it.  He wanted to sleep around, not be tied down.  Now, 2 1/2 months later, his FB status is 'in a relationship'.

Amazing how I have the power to get men to settle down with women...but only after they leave me missing out on what I want most.  Sure, some of these guys I didn't want a relationship with but I am left wondering - what is wrong with  me? Clearly they liked something about me enough to realize having a relationship might be nice...but with someone else.

Hopefully my curse will break and the next guy I meet will result in a real relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment