Sunday, August 14, 2011

Train & Maroon 5

I was so happy that the weather was perfect for the outdoor concert at Jones Beach to see Train and Maroon 5 at Nikon Jones Beach on Long Island.


Gavin DeGraw was supposed to open however a taxi hit him in New York City on Monday I think...so he cancelled this performance and instead Matt Nathenson opened.  It took us two hours and forty five minutes to get from where I live to Jones Beach....so we only saw about 3 songs.

Train came on first.  I actually saw Train about 11 years ago at Jones Beach when they opened for R.E.M. At that time I wasn't a huge fan...but I have remembered them over the years and was happy to see they have become 'popular'.  They put on a great stage performance.  He really got the audience involved.

for one song they have the lyrics on the screen which was really cool.



Maroon 5 came on next and they were all business.  Adam Levine is so good looking.  I am not normally into skinny guys...but Adam is adorable. 

Both groups played really well and I really enjoyed the show. 




When Train was performing...I was getting annoyed at the 10 girls (prob around 16 years old) that were behind me.  I didn't know if I realized I was 'old', but the 21 year old I was with was super annoyed too.  Apparently they were all drunk - they were caught with alcohol in the parking lot.  Some of their friends were in other seats somewhere else...but they decided they were going to stand on the stairs, sit on each others laps and kick our seat backs, intentionally scream in our ears, screaming the lyrics (i understand singing along...but this was horrible) etc.  We realized we couldn't continue sitting with them and actually enjoy our show.  Between the acts we ask one of the seater people if we can change seats, unfortunately they were sold out and instead they brought security over there...but since it was 'half time' they weren't being so obnoxious.  I was shocked with how lenient the security was with everyone on the stairs...since it is a fire hazard to sit on stairs and make it difficult to navigate through.  When Maroon 5 came on the girls were finally getting more tired since they can't hold their liquor - they were still annoying, but in a general concert way, not like before.

So I wonder...was it worth it?  I don't know if should really be seeing concerts since people annoy the crap out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment