Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bye Bye Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene has passed...and it wasn't as bad as they expected...which is a great thing for our area.  My neighboring town (where most of my family lives) has some flooding issues from this small little river that runs though the town, so when heavy rains like this come through, it is very hard to get out of this town unless you go north or south.   The wind is still a bit breezy at times so we still have to worry about trees falling and power lines down.  Metro North is still shutdown, which is fine for me because I don't like to commute with all those crazy workaholics that flip out when the trains are delayed and crowded; so I get to work from home tomorrow.

I took a walk around the town this afternoon and was surprised with the drivers - Hello people...roads are flooded, traffic lights are out...use more caution! What is the rush?  Where has common sense and courtesy gone? 

Here are some local pictures, this is not as bad as we've experienced in the past (4 1/2 years ago it was worse) but it still isn't ideal.  I feel very bad for all the people who live in these areas (and throughout the hurricane area - especially Vermont) that have to deal with all this work and destruction.



this is a block from my parents
 





park under water

water is to the top of this bridge



guy about to jet-ski in the park



No comments:

Post a Comment