Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Year 2 update on my 30 goals for my 30s.

Today is my last day I'll be 31 so I am quickly reflecting on my 30 goals for my 30s now that two years have passed.  This past year I've really worked more on myself and feeling more confident and happy and not so much on my actual list...but you need to feel better about who you are before you concentrate on the goals.

So what have I done? 
  • Well, with a little help, I bought a used car...which has allowed me to not borrow my parents car and not have them constantly ask me questions about my whereabouts. 
  • I have done a lot more things out of my comfort zone.  Examples are:  blind dates, attending a Shakespeare in the park alone, attended a seminar alone, attended a movie screening alone, went to the beach with an almost stranger, talk to strangers at work function during meals, reconnected with some high school friends, matchmaking, confronted a condescending client, etc.
  • I am becoming more secure in who I am...but I am not quite ready to think I've achieved that...but there is a good chance I can cross that off for next year
  • Lower my blood pressure - it has been lower since February - but I'd like to see that carry longer to ensure it is in fact lower...maybe if it is lower for a year I'll cross it off.
I am in the middle of another goal...but not ready to divulge anything.  And I think that this coming year will be way better for me in the love area...I feel like my time is approaching. I've been patient and I feel better about myself.  Keep your fingers crossed...because if I find love, I know that my other goals will start coming together.

I also realized I still need 7 more goals.  Do you have any suggestions of goals you are trying to achieve in your 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s or 60s?

No comments:

Post a Comment