Friday, August 12, 2011

Vienna - how I love the fingers but hate the person

I've watched a few seasons of The Bachelor/Bachelorette, maybe 4 of the 15.  While I think the concept could be good if it works, it also sucks for the other people who make it to the top 4...and I am not sure I like that they intentionally break people's hearts and mess around with them knowing they aren't the one.  Then again I am jaded because I've been cheated on and know how it feels to see someone you love pick someone else.

That aside, I recently saw my first episode of Bachelor Pad; where some participants live together in a house for a second chance at love with other 'losers' and to compete to win $250,000.  This sounds like it will be full of drama.

Vienna is back.  I like her short hair, but golly she isn't too attractive.  Apparently after her devastating breakup with Jake just last year she has fallen in love with Kasey - the crazy guy that got that tattoo about protecting Ali's heart.  So among the 18 participants is Vienna, Kasey and Jake.  I don't know what happened behind the scenes of Vienna & Jake that led them to breakup a year ago...but I have strong opinions after what I watched.

First, Vienna claims that she was so in love with Jake.  But yet she rebounded very quickly and is now in a serious 6 month relationship with Kasey.   Jake is not in a relationship and really claimed to love Vienna.  At this point alone I am on Jake's side...I mean, unless you are heartless and already cheating, you shouldn't be in love with someone else just mear months after a devastating breakup.

Second, Vienna is constantly whining...whether it is that she is 'scared' to be near Jake & her needing Kasey or just complaining how difficult this journey will be because Jake is there.   I was going to loose my marbles - I mean, there were other ex's there none of them were complaining half as much.  Why wasn't this bothering anyone else?  And don't sign up for a show that will capitalize on drama.

Third, Jake saves Vienna by giving her a rose, as a peace offering...and she listened to him apologize for his behavior and then bitched about how it meant nothing and that he is a jerk, and she is scared and a whole bunch of other crap.   

Fourth - during that apology/peace offering she is crying.  If she was really THAT upset by being in love with Jake, she wouldn't 1) be with Kasey and 2) be such a bitch to Jake.  Also, she is claiming that she is 'really' happy with Kasey and she didn't need to hear anything...but yet again, she is crying (why??) she must not be that happy or its all a game.  I think she is crazy and its all a show for publicity and to be 'famous'.

Finally - Imagine how Jake feels.  He was so in love (or so he claims) and she sold their story for thousands of dollars and someone else told him that she moved out.  Now he has to sit there and see Vienna with someone else....you don't think that is hard for him?  You don't see him acting like a basket case lunatic.

I honestly don't think I'll be able to watch this show because of how much Vienna irked me.  Which is probably a good thing because I have a lot more better things to be doing than wasting my time on that crap.

I mean, I GET it.  I've been unbelievably heartbroken.  I've commented on my pains and struggles and how I've dealt with it.  I've cried...but I didn't bounce into a relationship and I didn't spread rumors that weren't true.  I continued to love someone and appreciated the apology.  I am older and mature - and no doubt a better person...so maybe that is why things like this irk me so much.

1 comment:

  1. I think Vienna still loves Jake and Jake still love Vienna. It a Love to hate triangle. Vienna wake up, Kasey is not for you. You would not have been making such a scene it is only because she still has felling for Jake. You two get your act together there is many of us that want to see you back together

    ReplyDelete