Saturday, August 27, 2011

Come On Irene

We are ready for hurricane Irene...now it's just waiting to see if the weather people were correct with their predictions or it they were wrong.  Yesterday we spent some time at my sister's house emptying her basement since they tend to get water down there during 'regular' heavy rains. It is a lot of work to prepare for the what if...but it is necessary because if you didn't you'd be really grumpy after the fact when so much gets destroyed.  We cleaned up outside so things wouldn't fly through windows and we were starting to wonder why some neighbors didn't seem to be doing very much...but they did today.  Going through town stores were boarded up or had tape on the windows.  Our town, like many others near water have certain areas that are being evacuated...my parents are on the cusp of the evacuation zone so I went to their house to stay with my mother since my dad was called into volunteer.

Today is August 27th which aside from Hurricane Irene also is the 5th anniversary of me being 'single' or really giving up my previous life. I can't believe it has been FIVE years already.  I know two of those years went by in the biggest blur/fog ever. I remember being a zombie, walking around crying, moping, and being in a trance.  The days were the longest of my life and every day I just wished for the future to a time where I couldn't be like that...to where all that pain was a distant memory.  While I remember so much of the emotions and agony, I am happy to report (as I did earlier this week) that I am in a much better place now  :)  Sure, I still think about SI and I wonder what my life would have been like, and I know he thinks about me a little bit.  Not sure if he regrets everything or wishes we ended up together...but it doesn't really matter. 

I'll post pictures of the hurricane damage, if any, in the next few days.  I am sure we'll loose electricity at some point, but in all honesty, I don't think it will be as bad as the news has us thinking it will be, especially because it was downgraded already. 

Hope all my readers who are on the East Coast are safe.  Try to make the most of it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment