Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Earthquake?

Holy crapola I experienced my first earthquake today.  I was in talking with my boss on the 17th floor of where I work when I started swaying. She was sitting, I was standing.  I asked her if she felt that or if it was me & a balance issue.   She felt it too and a look of panic crossed her face...should we evacuate?  I said no, the shaky went away - maybe it was construction on a close floor. But she was here for September 11, 2001.  I didn't know what caused the shake and I returned to my office soon thereafter.  Then other people said they felt it too...but didn't know if it was them.  Good thing for FaceBook that told me it was an earthquake in Virginia.  (Colorado also had an earthquake this morning too,first in like 40-50 years - as did a bunch of small ones in California)  Fifteen minutes passed and the building PA came on informing us that we are "sheltering in place' and not to leave the building.  My co-worker and I were discussing this evacuation thing and wondered would it be better to be outside and risk all the buildings collapsing on you - or being inside and falling with the building.  Yeah, we are a little morbid.

I developed a small headache, which I am thinking has to do with my ear balance being disrupted.  Did any of you feel the earthquake too? If so where were you?

No comments:

Post a Comment