Friday, January 30, 2015

didn't work out

The new non-guy has been avoiding me, clearly he isn't interested anymore.  He responds hours later and never with anything of substance.  I could just walk away, that would be the easiest thing to do.  But no, I am not in junior high.  Adults are supposed to communicate and be honest.  So whether he likes it or not, I am making it 'official'.

Here is the text I sent:

well...it seems this didn't work out. I was both a little disappointed and surprised.  I thought our three dates went well; I had a moment of uncertainty, doubting myself, but I was hopeful and excited...butterflies included.  But something changed for you; I don't need to know what.  Contrary to my actions with you, I don't sleep around, and I was a bit nervous. I went for it because I wanted to get to know you better, was extremely turned on from all the kissing :) and thought it might be the start of something.  I saw potential.  Obviously I read that wrong :(  You should have just said something if you weren't interested instead of ignoring me so I didn't seem like a fool continuing to ask to see you.  But, I am glad and thankful that I met you; lessons learned.  You were the first guy I met out here and it reinforced my readiness and desire to find a relationship, and for that, I thank you :).  Second, again, not knowing many people, the little we talked and your wishing me well on the job thing meant a lot.  It helped my good mood and confidence during the interviews. And I am happy to report that I was selected as their first choice and the job is mine if I want it.  So thank you for listening and rooting me on those three weeks :)  I really do wish you the best.  You have a lot of really great qualities that most women would find desirable, and I am sorry it wasn't me that you found worth dating.  I wish you luck and success but more importantly, happiness. I enjoyed our brief time...and on the off chance you change your mind, you know how to find me.

Guy responded that his intention was not that I looked like a fool.  He thought I was great. And then asked me a few benign questions.

Well, what the hell does that mean?  He didn't say it was over, he didn't say he still wanted to chat. I just responded to his question and that was it.  I didn't care anymore if anything would or would not happen. I am over it and I am not obsessed with constantly checking my phone or hoping I'd hear from him.  I am going to get back online and start talking to new people. It was a good experience though and I am thankful that I had that opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. He just wants some space and time. Your monster text probably scared him off for good though.

    ReplyDelete