Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Second Interview

The day after I met with the association, I received an email asking if I would be in town for the remainder of the holidays because they wanted to schedule me for a second interview with three additional people.  Job searching takes priority, so while I thought about taking a trip...I gladly put it off for this possibility.

A week passed by before I heard back regarding a date and details.  The interview was scheduled for a Saturday morning.  The day before I selected a different skirt suit, went over my flashcards once and did a tiny bit of research on the three new people.

The group interview goes well.  The hour flew by when we were interrupted to wrap things up.  There was laughing, agreeing, understanding, excitement, and possibility.  They put me in a holding room when they had candidate two speak with the group.  The president comes over to talk to me and more or less says, your skills and qualifications are very impressive and we would be lucky to have you, but the real question is, would you want to work here? All by yourself?  As you are just starting out in your career?  I knew where he was going...I was over qualified.  I reiterate that I thought the job lined up very nicely with what I've done in the past.  Yes, right now it is a lot of administrative work, but I see potential.  There is a lot to do, if the Board was willing to do it...in a few years, and I can help take them to that spot; the potential.  They will get back to me in 7-10 days with the job starting near the end of January.  I am still unsure about salary range, I included it with my cover letter, as instructed...but who knows.  If this is more admin than director...the salary could be quite a bit less.

I go home and this time I write hand written thank you notes and put them in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment