Monday, January 26, 2015

top choice

It is hard to wait 7 - 10 days for a decision about a job you applied to two and a half months ago.  But I didn't have to. I waited three days for a phone call that I was the top candidate, and not only that, but it was a unanimous decision among the five people I interviewed with - they all selected me as their top choice.

I was warned that they can not meet my salary requirements, but they are working to come up with a benefits/salary package that would be acceptable to me.  I will meet with them in person after they crunch their numbers, and negotiate health benefits, vacation, professional development, hours, occasional work from home? in lieu of salary.

I am excited.  I thought this job lined up perfectly with my skills when I saw the posting.  I applied right away, and two interviews later...I was still excited about the position because it has 'fun' projects to bring them into the 21st century as well as the potential for the future...IF they are willing to work on their board development and strategy.

Now, I need to take a few days off...all this stress, I haven't enjoyed my 'free' time as much as I should have over the last few months.  And who would have thought I'd ever say that I am looking forward to working again?  Because they know I haven't worked and because the other lady wants out...I see a starting date towards the end of this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment