Wednesday, July 3, 2013

busy busy

I love being busy, it keeps my mind from thinking too much.  But I've felt so overwhelmed this week with the list of things I need to do in such a short period of time.

Last week I was on a business trip, which resulted in a lot of work that needed to get done in such a short period of time.  Even today, when I took a day off, I did two hours of work in the morning, a few minutes in the afternoon and then again in the evening.

This week is also our local carnival, which I volunteer at.  I hoped to work 4 nights, but I cancelled tonight because there were so many other things I had to do that are more important.

Then there was my 'eviction' that I found out about on Saturday.  So I had to buy some furniture.  I went to IKEA to pick up a few items, but forgot the one item that I went there for.  Grr.  I haven't gotten around to packing anything yet or going through all my boxes in the basement and taking out a few kitchen items & other things I'll need.  I am hoping to assemble some of that IKEA stuff tomorrow and I guess on Friday move the 'small' stuff and on Sunday the big stuff.  Oh right, and I have to get the apartment back in order by Monday because there will be a broker open house on Tuesday.

On top of that, this Saturday I have a big family party that I am planning.  Thank goodness I did most of the planning a month ago because I've neglected this item for the last few weeks.  But today, I went to both Costco and BJ's Wholesale club (and they were insanely crowded) and the supermarket.  I have to go back out on Friday because they ran out of ground beef.  On Friday I also to prepare the food.

And, I have that trip coming up in August that I haven't thought about in weeks.  I wanted to look into it tonight again, but I am too tired to think.

Oh, and my sister asked me to take a few days off so we can do something so that is right around the corner and I have no idea where we are going.  That stresses me out a little because I am a planner.

What else...I've had BBQs, bookclub, doctor appointments, a little kayaking and other outings & events.  The next few weeks and months will be busy too, but I think after next week, several things will be complete, and I'll be busy but not insanely busy and hopefully will have time to blog a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment