Tuesday, July 23, 2013

weekend trip to New Hampshire

I was able to cross New Hampshire off my bucket list.  My sister & I went up there for 3 days.  On Thursday we went to Water Country Water Park.  The park had a variety of slides and pools that our six hours there flew by.

From there we drove a little bit down to Hampton Beach where we rented a room in some beach motel.  The motel was typical beach motel...a little yucky, but the convenience to the beach was great.  The beach got pretty busy, but we had our space and the water was so calm.  The first day the water was a bit sea-weedy and the second day the water had some ocean bugs, but really this was a great beach and we spent a decent amount of time in the ocean.
Since I was there with a seven year old...I also spent a little time making sand things including a boat and a castle.  We also looked for sea creatures and played on the rocks.  I should have played with him more...but I also just needed time to relax because the last few months have been so stressful.

The 'boardwalk' they mention isn't a boardwalk in the sense the shops are on a walk made from wood...but their main street had the typical tourist beach things...convenience stores, fake tattoos, shirt imprints, arcades, restaurants, boogy boards and ice cream.  They have a stage and play live music in the summer, a playground, and they have movie nights and other activities.  One evening we ate dinner on the fourth floor of a restaurant overlooking the ocean and then we stopped in the arcade.  The seven year old I was with is kinda easy going...for five dollars we spent a good 45 minutes in the arcade playing the 25 cent games, and he was very happy with his airflyer and army men he won with the tickets.  People up there were nice too...this man kept giving us tickets he won because he was just playing for fun, it made the little guy so happy, things like make me smile.  

The second evening we went to the L.L. Bean outlet in town, had dinner at a mom & pop kind of place and then played mini golf at Captain Cove's Adventure Golf.  The 7 year old got three hole in ones....and ended up winning the game with 49 points.

If you ever feel insecure about your body...go to a public beach.  I felt I was being visually responsible.  I am not skinny and even felt a little insecure in my tankini, but I was there with a 7 year old and felt it was appropriate..and I was so burnt that I needed more of my body covered by the end.  So many men and women were wearing much smaller suits and most of the time the people were larger than me.  Also, what is with all the mix-matched bikinis?  I saw quite a bit white tops with random color bottoms...or completely different color pieces.  I usually buy the set...not two random pieces.  I guess going forward it is something to consider, maybe even save me money getting whatever is on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment