Thursday, July 25, 2013

BBQ

I hosted my first BBQ for the first time this past weekend.  Since I live in an apartment, I don't have outdoor space...but I found a way around it, I borrowed my sister's deck & grill.  I don't know why it took me so long to even think about that solution.

I invited a handful of people, only a few showed up...but those that did are great friends and I am happy it was a nice intimate but relaxing lunch.

I prepped the food but had my friend's husband actually grill it.  I don't have a lot of grill experience since I don't have one.  I would probably overcook the food...I would eat it, but I don't think others would. It was so nice that he took over and I didn't have to worry.

So we all just sat and talked and a few people met for the first time.

One of the ladies mentioned that I 'have some life' as we were chatting about upcoming trips.  I am usually jealous of everyone else's lives....their marriage, that they had kids 'early on', trips they've taken, stay at home, work part time, work at cool job, make a lot of money, etc.  I struggle so much that I have deprived myself of any real 'fun' in a long time and now finally now - I am saying "f*ck it...time to enjoy life!"  And I feel great (big change from last month) and I have things to look forward to.  Part of me is happy that this lady is a little jealous of me...who would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment