Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bon Jovi Concert

When you think of New Jersey, what comes to mind (aside from cheaper gas prices and bad signage/drivers)?

BON JOVI

The Bon Jovi "because we can" concert was fantastic.  I had great seats in the club area, the night was perfect (this was important because the MetLife Stadium is open), Bon Jovi's voice was amazing and the stage was unbelievable.

What is even better is his personality.  I've seen quite a few concerts that the music was great, but the performer was there to earn a paycheck...it was all business.  Bon Jovi was different; when he saw the crowd react to the songs, he smiled ear to ear...but you saw it grow, it was 100% real and he look both surprised and honored at the same time that the crowd was pleased.

Do you remember before cell phones, you couldn't bring a camera into a concert?  Back in high school and college I paid a few dollars for a picture of the group.  But now we can take our own.

The set list was a good mix...I knew most of them, I didn't know "whole lot of leaving going on" but I really loved it and will download it for my play lists. There were a few others I didn't know, but they were all great.

To avoid major traffic leaving the stadium, we left during the encore...I should have searched for the set list before hand to get a better idea, so we missed a song or two, but heard the finale of the encore 1 and the first song from the encore 2 from the parking lot.

Set List (from setlist.fm)
  1. (w/ "Jumpin' Jack Flash" & "Start Me Up")
  2. (w/ "Old Time Rock and Roll")
  3. Encore:
  4. Encore 2:

1 comment: