Monday, July 8, 2013

making sushi

 As soon as I saw the Groupon for a sushi making class, I knew I had to go.

When we arrived at the restaurant offering the class, they had shirts set out for us to wear, making the experience even more fun.

The instructor walked us through how to make three rolls:  an avocado, cucumber & asparagus roll (I don't remember the name), a California roll and a spicy tuna roll.  First we spread the rice on the seaweed, then we put the ingredients onto the seaweed then roll up.  He had us cut the roll into 6 pieces, but I think I would have preferred 8 pieces because the 6 pieces were a little big for my tiny mouth.

I did pretty well, the only negatives the instructor said was that my cutting wasn't good and one roll wasn't as tight as it should have been.

After we made each roll, we were able to try them.  I am glad I saved a few because I definitely filled up pretty quickly.  I was actually surprised how much white rice is used...when I see the sushi cut up, it looks like such a small amount of rice, but it was more than I thought

I would like to try this again but with a more complicated roll.  Something to try at home on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment