Friday, January 11, 2013

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

If you want to know why I get annoyed sometimes at my mother....it is because she was just like Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

Maggie, who was played by Scarlett Johansson, practically gave a 60 minute monologue in the first act of the play.  It wasn't really a monologue since her husband spoke a few words...but it was close.  That is how much I think my mother talks.  I am not like that, at all.

So as I am getting so annoyed with the play because there is only so much tolerance I can handle when it comes to talking and whining  the curtain comes down and I think, oh wow, this is going to be a short play. Alas, I was wrong.  It was three acts with two intermissions - one of the longest plays I've ever seen...and it felt every second of it.

The second act I practically fell asleep because this was my view
yes, that is right....the 6 1/2 foot guy sat in front of me.   Now, I can't complain because my brother-in-law is super tall...and I know he feels bad about this sometimes...but this guy and his cross dressed boyfriend also had a strong stench of cologne.  I tilted my  head for a while, but you know how that is...it starts to hurt and get stiff.  Closing my eyes seemed the better choice, it wasn't like I was missing any fun stage action - they just walked around a bed for 2 1/2 hours.

So, I closed my eyes and listened....or fell asleep.

Scarlett was good, but what a super slow play.  The set didn't change.  There was so much 'arguing'.  It just wasn't for me.

The best thing about it was that I sat next to Jason Antoon, who I recognized right away.  But was surprised he was sitting so far away from the stage.

Dinner at Bond45 before the show was good.  They have a fabulous mozzarella.

No comments:

Post a Comment