Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Boring as a reason to breakup?

Do you remember the credit card commercial that played a few months ago.  It was about this guy who was dumped by his girlfriend because he was 'so boring'.

Well, that guy took what she said to heart and used his credit card for all these amazing adventures.  I was happy for him.  I felt like I was able to relate. In my past relationship, I wondered if SI thought I was boring - which is why he had to have a mistress.  Maybe I was a little boring, but I had potential, I wanted to have fun, I wanted to do things, I tried to get him involved but it never worked out.  In the last few years, I've tried to do some really cool things.  So I understood why the credit card guy wanted to live it up.

But on the other side...was it the girlfriend's fault? I mean, did she even try to do fun things with credit card man?  If he had all that fun afterwards, I am confident he would have done them with her as well.  So that part of the commercial really pissed me off...which is why I was overly happy for the man.

But, now with ManFriend, he IS boring.  I keep trying.  I suggest things, I have my bucket list ideas, I want to go away, I want to have 'fun' dates once in a while.  How long am I allowed to try before I give up?  Can I steal the commercial line when I break up with him?  "ManFriend, sorry, this isn't working out, you are so handsome but you are just too BORING for me.  BORING.  BORING.  BORING".

Not sure if I can really say that to someone.

Enter future husband to have these amazing adventures I want to share with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment