Monday, October 4, 2010

These are the best years of my life?

Who said the 30's are the best years of your life?  Clearly, they are not living in my shoes.  I think they assume by 30 one is settling down.  You had your late teens/early twenties to have fun.  Your mid-late twenties to find a suitor and marry them, and probably start having kids.  By your 30s they assume that you have worked some place you like and make a really good salary, so when your mid 30's come and so does baby #2 or #3 you can stay at home with them, if you want to.  By 40 you are done chasing after little ones, getting better sleep, financially stable, have wonderful friends, etc.

Well, my mid twenties so far were my best years, and they weren't even that good.  I am hoping my 40s are my 'settling down' years.  So, I am a decade late, but I am sure not still partying it up like I am 20.   I was fast asleep at 9:15pm on Saturday night.  Sad.  Really sad.  I have a lot of work to do in the next 8 1/2 years...find a guy, get pregnant, maybe start my own business?  Seems simple enough, but after 4 years of being single, I did not find one potential keeper out of my whopping 6 dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment