Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 11 - Something people seem to compliment you the most on

There are times I look middle eastern.  I have dark skin that tans easily and depending on how my eyebrows are shaped, I tend to get a lot of  "are you Egyptian" "are you Iranian" "are you Jordan".  When I was living in NJ, one of the only two states in the US that mandates gas attendants pump your gas, I asked one of the men, after asking me if I was middle eastern, why he thought so.  He said it was my eyes.  Others have since said it too.

Growing up I heard my older relatives say "she has such big brown eyes" and later on my godfather said "brown eyes tell emotion".

I don't really see it.  Eyes are eyes...but I guess I got a good set, even if I am nearing legally blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment