Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Retail Therapy

I feel like these last seven days have been horrible, I've had the worst luck.  Well, that should not come as a surprise to you, since you've been reading ranting posts.  I am sure you wonder if I am bi-polar.   Yesterday was just as bad.  I had scheduled an appointment for this Wednesday to have cellulose insulation blown into my walls and bedroom ceiling of my apartment.  I met the guy two months ago.  He seemed great. Professional.  BUT, after that first meeting, everything has been crappy.  His 'proposal' was an email I that consisted of 2 lines and left me asking about 15 questions.  I told him a month ago I needed his workers-comp insurance and reminded him yesterday to find out that he had a temporary one and needs to reschedule to next week.  This is a problem for me since I will be away about 10 days and need this done before our next board meeting.  So do I get it done when I am gone (my dad will go over) so while I am packing...I am also emptying all my closets and moving furniture (then come back to a disaster?) UGH UGH UGH.  Between the job interview and this....I was so agitated. 

I hate my suits - and I have two business meetings coming up so I decided a little retail therapy would be helpful last night and since I have a car to run errands mid week...I did.  90% of my clothes are from Ann Taylor Loft but I need something different so I tried Dress Barn.  I remember my Mom shopping there when we were younger.  I can't believe I am frequenting her store!  I printed a 20% off coupon and ended up spending $300 I don't have in jackets and shirts.  I will end up returning somethings, but I couldn't make up my mind...I will have to put on a fashion show for my Mom or sisters to get their opinions.   Then I headed over to Kohls.  I am not a huge fan of the way Kohls clothes fit, but my sister had a 30% off coupon so I stole my Mom's Kohls card to use the coupon if I found anything.  They didn't have a skirt in my size, so I checked out purses.  Ten years ago, I was the anti-purse girl.  On my second date with SI we went to the movies and we left...and I realized I left my purse in the theater! I had to go back and get it, and he didn't understand how a woman could forget a purse, but I never used one before, I just shoved things in my pockets.  Now that I work in the city, I need a bag to carry my lunch, book, etc so I have bags.  But one caught my eye in Kohls, so I looked and found two I liked.  Total was $19.48 - savings of about $80!  How could I not get them? They are small. I like writslets.

Then I headed over to Marshalls.  I hate stores where you have to look through all the racks.  But I haven't been in one in a long time and it was right there.  I ended up getting a storage bowls, a 3-d tick tac toe game, a small hour glass.  Then I headed into Bed Bath and Beyond and got my Mom her birthday present: an iron.  She also wanted dish towels and this dish drying mat thing so I picked that up, but I still have to go to Macy's to get some 'pasta' bowls.  Then some of her Christmas presents will be done too. 

I spent way too much money, but I felt better...and now I have a reason to go run errands next week: returns.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 the purses! Really cute. That sounds like some great retail therapy. I would love to see your other purchases :)

    ReplyDelete