Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blog game

I guess the first part of playing a game is learning the rules. I'll state them for you. I, being "tagged", now get to answer questions asked of me by the tagger. When I'm done I am supposed to ask 8 questions of 8 other bloggers and they do the same BUT denise makes her own rules and I am not tagging anyone...so who ever wants to play, just copy and post.   And of course, I didn't read Denise's full post when responded, so I have 16 questions...since she asked DIFFERENT ones, and I already answered the first 8.  hahah.  lesson learned: reply soon after reading post...not weeks later.

1. If you could travel anywhere, all expenses paid and everything included, where would you go?

This is hard because I want to see everywhere.  Can I do a trip around the world for this answer?  My current top five:  Egypt, Greece, Australia, Peru and Italy.

2. Do you believe in love at first sight?

No.  I think love at first sight is really infatuation or attraction at first sight. Sure there may be some chemicals bouncing around, but how can it be love?  For me, love takes time.  Maybe I am a little old fashioned, but there are things you need to learn and know about someone before you can love them.  I believe that the arranged marriages that went from resentment to love is a fabulous example that love can grow.  I believe that you can met someone and not be sure if you like them, and then realize you love them later on.  I believe that you can be very much attracted to someone...but once you get to know them you realize you don't like them.  I have never believed I (or a friend) would see someone across the street, eyes lock and know you'd spend the rest of your days together.  That happens in movies.  Movies are not real.

3. If you could meet someone, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

I have no idea.  I'll post about this separately when I come up with an answer.

4. Name your favorite movie, favorite TV show and favorite song {of the moment }.

Movie: I worked in a video store for a few years in high school, so a favorite movie is tough.  I really love the American President. Now, when I am home cleaning or doing something and I just want background noise I'll pop in a movie I own (not many) such as Wedding Planner or Legally Blond. No thinking required.   I can watch Shawshank Redemption over and over.

TV show:  Again, I watch too much TV.  I loved LOST. That is over.  I currently love How I Met Your Mother and NCIS.

Favorite song:  Innocent Man by Billy Joel.
5. Did you ever leave Facebook or thought of leaving it?

Absolutely.  I had a myspace page for all of 5 months.  I deleted it. I didn't want to get on the Facebook bandwagon...but I eventually got caught up in that too.  Then I became addicted to it.  I still visit it and look at status updates and pictures once in a while, but overall, I am not as crazy with it as I used to be.  It is great in the way that I was able to catch up with people I haven't seen in many years because I will not go to my HS reunion.  I have no desire to have coffee with an old friend.  But an email? That I can handle. 

6. What are your beauty staples?

I tend to just wear eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara.  I don't wear foundation because I have very sensitive skin and have broken out from being allergic to many.  I have considered trying mineral makeup but have not yet- since I don't need foundation in the summer anyway because I have a nice tan glowing face.  I used to be obsessed with chapstick, but got off that when I realized they make it addictive.  Two years ago for my New Years Resolution I decided to help get me out of my depression I would put in effort to look better.   I started to straighten my hair (I do like my hair straightener and use that 1 or 2 times a week), buy some new clothes, put on makeup, start wearing contacts again (had to give up contacts for about a year with all the constant crying).  These things did make a bit of a difference, and  I think I am pretty low maintenance - overall.  There are times when I think I fall into a rut and not taking care of myself.

7. Sauna or jacuzzi/hot tub?

Hot tub. I love the pressure of the water coming out of the jets on my back and feet.  But I do have a problem with the length of time I can stay in a tub.  No more than 10 minutes, unless I have company.

8. What is your life's motto?

People give advice, but advice won't be taken.  Lesson needs to be learned on your own.  OK, so it isn't a motto, but I have realized this over the last few years.



Now, Denise's questions (the only ones I was supposed to answer)

1. What do you lose most often? Your phone? Your keys? Your mind...? And where is it usually hiding.

I loose money.  Sure, I have a wallet and a purse, but I don't like carrying them if I am running out for something simple and easy or where there will be big crowds.  I stuff things in my pockets - and then it falls out.  If I do this, I also tend to keep 'emergency' money in my bra with a credit card - because you always need money to get you home.
2. What was your first job? Did you like it? And what was one thing you learned from it you still use in your current big(er) person job?

My first job was at a video store.  I blogged about it here.  I learned a very valuable money counting trick at this store.  Count up.  Don't rely on the cash register to tell you how much to give back.  I do it all the time (not at my current job) when I am out and about.
3. Favorite book(s)?

I read a lot.  See my "books" page.  My favorite book had to have been the Inferno when I was in college. I really got into that. 
4. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?

I love that I am analytical and strategic.  That I think logically.
5. What's your favorite thing about me? (ha ha ha, I have to ask, I'm a curious lass)

I like that you are open about your depression and self analyze yourself so well.
6. Cats or dogs? What's your favorite? Why? If neither, what is your favorite pet type animal?

If I had to pick between cat or dog, I would go with Dog. I don't like that cats jump all over everything (counter, stove, etc).  My grandmother had about 10 cats...so that doesn't help win their case.  I am allergic to both cats and dogs, but I think cats is worse.  Dogs it seems to be only if I pet and then touch my face.  However, I don't really like dogs too much either.  Can I vote for a pet rock?
7.  Any tattoos? Attach a photo if you're brave.

I do not have any tattoos, and no immediate need to get one.
8. What is one skill you don't have that you’d like to learn?

There are a lot of things I would like to learn.  I would like to learn to sew (I have attempted, even took a class once), I would look to cook a lot better, I would like to have a skill that can land me an amazing job and pay handsomely for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment