Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let's bring back arranged marriages

I was talking with a friend today about how hard it is to date after you have been burned so bad in a previous relationship. It look a long time for me to get where I am now, which is still not close to where I need to be. However, part of me just wants to be there - already in the next relationship. I want to have that person to spend a weekend day hiking in the woods or running errands or even just spending a rainy day inside snuggling watching a movie or playing a game. Couply things.

Dating is horrible. Sure the ex wasn't God, but we seem to compare everyone else to them, even when we know we don't want a clone of that person. So that leaves us with trying new things. The whole idea is scary, eventually opening up enough to actually trust someone with your heart. I keep wondering if it is worth it or not, but since I don't make for a good 'single', I fear I have no choice but to get past my fears of the next breakup.

Now, arrange marriages, that is something I think could work. Over time anyone can grow on you. At first it might be hard & horrible, but I think eventually that will turn to love. So, who is going to find me my arranged husband? Parents of course know their child best but all my mom's fix ups never even resulted in a date. Additionally, they have a very social life (more than me) but I do not think they know a lot of people with eligible sons. One sister tried, but after seeing a picture of that lad - nothing happened. A brother in law tried too, and my blind date was a red head. So, do they really know what I am looking for?

Only time will tell I guess, but I would really just like to fast forward a few months/year and be there already. Yes, I say a year, because contrary to popular belief I am being optimistic that I will meet someone by then. I smile more & am happier and I am trying to eat a little better (well my upcoming trip has something to do with that), so once I get a slightly better body...hopefully it won't be so hard. I just need to get outside more and find places where guys will smile/talk/approach me. Anyway, if I fast forward the next months, then I will miss out on all the 'fun' parts that lead to that life I eventually want to be a part of. I don't think I can fully move on until someone new is in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment