Sunday, April 4, 2010

Do opposites attract?

Lately, a lot of things are surprising me and slowly I am learning more and more about myself. For a long time I had a 'type'. I liked the same 'type' of guys. Lately, a friend was nice enough to point out to me that my 'type' clearly isn't a good kind for me, otherwise I wouldn't still be single and have had the bad experiences I have. I never thought of it that way, until very recently.

Of course there were a slew of 'bad boys' that I was attracted to and flirted with back in the day but I would not allow it to go further because they did not fit this 'type' I was looking for. I don't think I missed out on the "what if". I like to think I am a good judge of character (that may be debatable) otherwise, maybe I would have pursued it a little more, but I like to think that some instinct told me *danger* and stay away, as some people are just too opposite to ever work out.

However, lately, I am starting to think that some people can really surprise you and I find myself making decisions that flat out shock me but also that make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes its good to do what is "uncharacteristic" of you and see what happens. Have you seen "YES MAN" ? I think of life that way sometimes... If you instinct is to say NO, say Yes this one time... and see what happens! You never know who you'll meet!! :)

    ReplyDelete