Thursday, April 29, 2010

Adoption

Sandra Bullock made the headlines again today for her adoption of a little boy from New Orleans. Add to that all the kids Angelina & Brad have, Kathrine Heigl's recent adoption of a Korean girl, Madonna's addition, and the article on Russia orphanages and it makes you think about adoption.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/04/29/russia.orphanage/index.html?hpt=C1

I have, for as long as I could remember, wanted to adopt a child. There are so many unfortunate children out there and it breaks my heart every time I hear about child abuse or stranded kids. I would love to be a foster parent as well - helping the kids adjust to a life without their biological parents. And it is something I hope to do - even if I remain single. But, I am 30 and broke. At this time, there is no way I can pursue this dream - but it is something I am constantly thinking about and hope I can somehow find this 'extra' money to put towards a bigger apartment so a kid has room and food and allow me to offer them everything they deserve.

I am very happy that celebrities, having more disposable income, chose to adopt. And I wish, that as a society we would do more to prevent women from having children they don't want (more specifically I have a problem with the ladies on welfare having 8 kids by different fathers - lets spend the money and get their tubes tied instead!)

http://celebrities.adoption.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment