Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm your obsession

Let's take a short trip down memory lane to 1984, Animotion sang the song Obsession. This song has been stuck in my head the last few days because it seems I am the object of some one's obsession. Having read the lyrics (below) I can honestly say, this song is exactly what is going on in the poor soul's head.

Animotion - Obsession Lyrics
You are an obsession, I cannot sleep. I am a possession unopened at your feet. There is no balance, no equality. Be still I will not accept defeat.
I will have you, yes I will have you. I will find a way and I will have you. Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly. I will collect you and capture you.
You are an obsession, you're my obsession. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me (x2)
I feed you, I drink you by day and by night. I need you, I need you by sun or candlelight. You protest, you want to leave. You say there's no alternative.
Your face appears again, I see the beauty there. But I see danger, stranger beware. A circumstance in your naked dreams. Your affection is not what it seems.
You are an obsession, you're my obsession. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me (x2)
My fantasy has turned to madness. All my goodness has turned to badness. My need to possess you has consumed my soul. My life is trembling, I have no control.
I will have you, yes I will have you. I will find a way and I will have you. Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly. I will collect you and capture you.
You are an obsession, you're my obsession. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me (x2 an fade)


I suppose I need to share a few more details about this. I will call him Bank Boy. I met Bank Boy in 2001 for a little less than 2 years we worked together - which of course requires flirting when you are in your low 20s. Long story short, after we did "IT" one night after sharing 3 bottles of wine he wanted to do it again. Sure, many relationships are built on that, but I was not ready or prepared for that. A year later the persistent interest and obsession in doing "IT" coupled with me saying NO over and over again - has made me singing the song every time I get a text from him.

Lesson learned - there is no way to attempt a one night stand/casual sex with someone you knew in your past AND don't drink 1 1/2 bottles of wine for you will suffer the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment