Saturday, September 27, 2014

doubting myself

I keep wondering if I was insane to move without a job.  I've spent hours doing research looking for jobs, applying to some I would actually want to work at. writing customized cover letters and then researching more jobs.  Hours and hours and hours.

And then I get the 'we selected a candidate better suited for this position' email.  How is that possible? The deadline for submission is still a few days away...when did you interview them?  Or selected a 'more qualified' individual....maybe...but that job was below what I did...I was overqualified for that position.

I am struggling with the what do I want to do?  Where do I want to live and work?  I have debt, so I can't take a job paying 30,000...I need a way better paying position.

It took me a while to find my last job, granted I was employed at the time and couldn't spend hours and hours researching...but I did it.  Now I have the time, but not the financial resources to be unemployed for more than so long.

I had hoped to find a job and then an apartment, because I don't want to commute long...but not having a place is tough too....I may have to go the roommate way (YIKES) for a while.

I am so confused and so stressed.  But I have to continue to believe that timing is important and that things happen for a reason.  I haven't gotten to do to much fun stuff yet....but I like it here already and I am looking forward to doing/seeing so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment