Monday, September 29, 2014

August Supermoon

We hiked North Table Mountain in hopes for a supermoon over Denver.  The weather was tricky, it sprinkled a little during the day and thick clouds in the evening...as we were hiking up, I was not sure if we were going to have luck or not.

The hike itself wasn't too bad, considering I've been here only 10 days, people on the walk warned me that I probably won't acclimate for a few more weeks...but I did well.  This was the most elevation gain I walked since I've been here, and even still it wasn't that much.  I kept up with the group nicely, but at one point, I started to sweat profusely and it wouldn't stop....then it did. Once I reached a certain point, the sweat stopped and I just felt better.  It probably didn't help that we had dinner before doing this.

Supermoon from North Table Mountain - looking towards Denver
So we find a place along the trail that looked out over the city and set up.  Then we waited and waited.  Finally, the moon made an appearance, but with the thick clouds, I was not able to get a better shot of the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment