Friday, November 5, 2010

Why do some people make you feel worse about yourself with out even trying?

The other day I blogged about wishing bad thoughts on people.  I find it necessary to follow up.  So, sure, I wrote that post with someone in mind.  When I found out the 'news' I was actually a little upset that it was a complete blown out of proportion self diagnosis and instead, ended up shedding a few tears realizing how put together someone is becoming AND taking better care of themselves.  It was like a blow to my face.  Unintentional of course, but it seemed to me, the over analyzing person I am, that it was like look - I am not with you and I am bettering myself.  I go to the gym, I do yoga, I am eating better, I have a ton of money, etc.  It shouts I am a better person in my life, than you.  So, while I am happy that my enemy does not have a fatal disease, I was looking forward to a little unhappiness, but the only one unhappy is me.  No surprise there.  I guess it is what they say - the only person feeling bad about things is you.  The other person is over it and doesn't care.  I need to let go.  I just don't know how.

1 comment:

  1. The only way I've ever been about to get over anyone was to look at my own life and my own life only, and see that I have the capacity for happiness without them, and that happiness is attainable. You may be sad now, but, by God, there is hope. And when you embrace that hope, stop comparing your life to anyone else’s (because, really, is that fair to you?) and work on finding the things in your life separate from everyone else that make you happy you'll really be better off. You don't need him (them, anyone) to make you happy. You only need you. You're the most important person in your life. No one matters as much as you do, and when you see that, and take it throwing caution to the wind, you won't care what is going on in anyone’s life from your past, because it just doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete