Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Parade of Balloons

Macy's Thanksgiving parade is just hours away.  Four years ago, I went to the parade for my first and only time.  Today, I decided to do what so many others do...see the balloons before they fly down to Macy's.  I was considering seeing the parade again tomorrow, but I think this served the purpose.  

Two streets blocks are closed off for preparing the balloons.   The balloons aren't really that big - but I knew that since I saw them 4 years ago.  I am going to look into volunteering for the Macy's parade next year.  Maybe I can hold a balloon string or be on a float! 




The crowds were thick. After the quick loop of the block, a stroll through Central Park was perfect to get a little free space back. 
Then heading towards Grand Central we stopped at Rockefeller Center and saw the unlit Christmas Tree that they cut down only 30 minutes or so away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment