Monday, September 30, 2013

The day I realized I was turning into my parent

How did you react the day you realized you were turning into your parent? 

I had a very happy childhood, no complaints.  I think my parents did a wonderful job raising their family...then and now.  We are still all very close, we get along well and there have not been any major issues with any of us.  Whatever their parenting skills are, for the most part they got it right and I aspire to raise my children half as well as they have raised theirs.

Speaking of children, people say that they are turning into their mother or father - because of something they do or say to their children that their parents said/did to them.

I do not have children and I am afraid I am already turning into my mother.  When I said "afraid' it isn't because she is horrible...she is unbelievably nice and I wish to become more like her...but I am not ready for that.  When I lived with my parents last year, I realized that I get my compassion and ability to love from my mother.  Such very wonderful qualities.  I have been this way for a while, that I care so deeply for someone that I want to do whatever is in my power to make them happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment